A. Tools for teachers, coaches, and learning communities
The extended TRU community has developed multiple tools for understanding and supporting teaching. These tools can be used in a variety of ways, from individual teacher planning and reflection to teacher-and-observer partnerships to extended conversations in professional learning communities.
A list of the tools follows. Click on each link to find a 1-page description of the tool and a link to the tool itself.
- The TRU Conversation Guides, in domain-general and mathematics-specific versions.
- The TRU Observation Guides, in domain-general and mathematics-specific versions.
- The Mathematics Assessment Project’s Formative Assessment Lessons, Summative Assessment Tasks and Tests, and draft PD modules.
- The Mathematics Network of Improvement Communities (MathNIC) tools for building supportive instructional and administrative communities, including a video workshop that introduces teachers and researchers to TRU.
- TRU+Lesson Study
B. Tools for researchers
- A tool for Research: The TRU Scoring Rubric
- The TRU Case study book, Helping Students Become Powerful Mathematics Thinkers: Case Studies of Teaching for Robust Understanding.
- Mathematics Teaching On Target: A TRU guide for Enriching Mathematics Teaching at all Grade Levels
- “Deep Dive” workshops into specific TRU Dimensions
Next Page: The TRU Conversation Guides